READING CAFE 10th November 2022
Little Wandle Revised Letters and Sounds Parent Presentation
Parents Maths Cafe 7th October 2019
Please click on this link to view the PowerPoint
Parent Cafe 14th February 2019
What is working well:
- The new topic work is being enjoyed and talked about a lot by the children
- The one to one music tuition for guitar and piano
- The whole class ensemble violin tuition
- 'Going for Gold' - VIPS emails home to parents working well
- House Points and the way they are celebrated in assembly
- The grid homework sheets are a good way for parents to share in the homework with their child
- Share afternoons when the parents have been invited in
- Class assemblies - a pleasure to see the children taking a lead
- Curriculum Cafes - very welcomed amongst parents
- Artsmark - so good to see a school enriching the children's experience in the arts
- Singalong Club
Even Better If:
- Be good if new members of staff were introduced to parents
- This will be something added to newsletters by management.
- Maths CGP homework books - not always obvious when it has been talked through with the teacher
- Agreed to talk to class teachers about indicating in the books when this has taken place.
- JONK - growth mindset is it still being talked about?
- Yes very much prevalent in the classroom environments and in the curriculum. Children are encouraged to reflect on their learning behaviours intrinsically now and often celebration assembly awards reflect the characters.The characters will be displayed on the website.
- SATS - information on the expectations.
- Both Year 2 and Year 6 teachers will host an after school information session as we have previously and add information to their class pages.
- Trips - would like to see more.
- Much of the constraints explained were around transport costs however it was explained that we are doing more locally and have upgraded our provision for Year 6 end of year residential.
- School lunches - some parents felt the portions were not ideal for the older children and some were saying they are hungry.
- Mrs. Barlow suggested a parent lunch would be an ideal opportunity to experience for themselves the lunches and present feedback. Discussions already around the school lunch providers are being undertaken at MAT level.
These are a list of expectations for every child upon entry to their year group. They are non-negotiables because they are the minimum of what we expect each year group to be doing.
E-Safety - 'Our Children's Lives Online'
E Safety Powerpoint - 'Risks children face online'